The Keewaydin Foundation provides camping experiences and challenges that help children achieve significant personal growth by living in a community, being independent and living simply in rustic and natural settings.
To achieve our mission, the Foundation-operated summer camps and programs:
- Provide caring communities that emphasize working together, fairness, trust, kindness, tolerance, forgiveness and compassion.
- Provide challenges through tripping, activities and lifestyle that help children develop self-confidence.
- Strive to continually evaluate and develop programs in order to ensure their excellence and safety.
- Provide outstanding staff leadership through careful hiring, training and evaluation.
- Bring together children and staff from a broad range of social, economic, racial, religious, ethnic and national backgrounds.
- Teach the importance of concern and service to others in keeping with the motto, “Help the Other Fellow.”
- Teach stewardship of the land through an appreciation and understanding of our natural world.
- Provide and model a safe, happy, fun and simple life.