To mark Keewaydin‘s 125th season, author Brian Back has revised and updated his comprehensive and definitive history of Keewaydin, The Keewaydin Way. This new edition features more great stories, photos, and information on one of the oldest continuously operating camps in the world. Camp has experienced an extraordinary doubling in growth since the last edition of this history, and Brian will tell the story of this remarkable transformation.
Some of what’s new:
- Expansion of the long-trips list
- The rocky to supernatural transition from all-boys to boys and girls in 1999
- More maps and photos
- More info on Kamp Kahkou in Maine along with the only known photo of it
- Greater insight into the first trip to Temagami in 1902
- The rapture since the merger with the foundation
- And numerous new stories, including the pet bear cub of 1956, the camper whose parents mistakenly thought he lost an arm, the Keewaydin food group, the fabled canoe trip over Maple Mountain and the one-and-only wannigan fire.
Keewaydin is offering pre-sales of these new handsomely bound, stitched-spine, signed editions (on acid-free paper) to allow folks to give these great books as gifts. This is a limited-time offer for the hard bound edition (valid through April 11th, 2018).
Delivery of the books will take place in June 2018. Cost: $100 (USD), with all profits to benefit Keewaydin Temagami.