The Program Participant (hereafter referred to as the “Camper”) will participate in the Keewaydin Foundation’s summer camps—which encompasses Keewaydin Dunmore, Songadeewin, and Keewaydin Temagami— (hereafter referred to as the “Foundation”) Summer 2020 Virtual Programming (hereafter referred to as the “Program”), occurring between June 27, 2020 and August 22, 2020.
Consent and Waiver: In consideration for my Camper being allowed to participate in the Program, I, the Parent/legal guardian, acknowledge and agree that:
- the Program will be provided via Zoom, SmugMug, TalkBackTime, and other Foundation, staff-approved digital programs.
- Foundation Staff and staff originally slated to work in summer 2020, and from time to time, staff from previous summers, will serve as supervisors during Zoom gatherings.
- the Program will record virtual gatherings when technology allows.
- any photos or videos that I share may be seen by the other campers and their families, and on occasion, posted on Foundation social media sites.
- I have read and understand the Zoom Guidelines and Expectations and understand that Foundation staff may release my Camper from Programming if the code is violated.
- my Camper is in good health and has no conditions or impairments which would preclude her/his safe participation in Foundation Summer 2020 programming activities.
- I understand that while the Foundation will take prudent precautions, participation in the Program involves potential risks, including without limitation, risk of cyber-bullying and harassment, and I voluntarily assume responsibility for all risks of my Camper’s participation in the Program.
- I waive, release, and agree to hold harmless the Foundation including without limitation its directors, officers, employees, volunteers, and agents from all liability for any harm that my Camper, I, or our property might suffer as a result of my Camper’s participation in the Program, except for liability arising from any act or omission by the Foundation determined by a court of competent jurisdiction to constitute gross negligence.
- I will not assert any claims or actions against the Program or the Foundation in connection with any harm that my Camper, I, or our property might suffer as a result of our participation in the Program.
- I will defend, indemnify and hold the Foundation harmless from and against any claims, demands, damages, liabilities, expenses, losses or every kind and nature, including but not limited to attorney’s fees and costs, (collectively, “Costs”) sustained or alleged to have been sustained in connection with or arising from my Camper’s participation in the Program.